Favorites List (Fall 2010)

I would like to share a new recipe with you right now, in fact I have one all ready to go. But I fear many of you have shifted into Thanksgiving mode. Meaning, if what I have to share isn't fit for the Thanksgiving table, you probably don't want to hear about it. And it's not. So I won't. Instead, I decided to write up a new favorites list - something I love doing. And for the handful of of you hitting this page today, still on the search for Thanksgiving inspiration, I'll kick off the list with a few personal favorites on that front:

- Here's an updated list of favorite vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes: Golden-Crusted Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Delicata Squash Salad, Vanilla Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Hazelnut & Chard Ravioli Salad, etc.

- Thinking I need to do more things like this in 2011.

- A perfect shade of blue.

- Podcast pick: The Monocle Weekly. What other podcasts should I be listening to? I like newsy/current event ones.

- Soup season is really on here. We had fog, rain, thunder and lightning last week. The soup in the photo up above became a favorite this year. This one. I've cooked it at least ten times. If you have Moro East, give it a go.

- Daydream real estate listing number 1, and number 2. I stumbled on that second one the other day and it's all about the location and setting - it's surrounded by the magical Grace Marchant Gardens, just below Coit Tower.

- Favorite stocking stuffer: June Taylor's Candied Citrus Peels

- Saw this movie in Rome. And this and this since I've been home.

- Would love to stay here someday.

- I like to add a pinch of this to my eggs, and also to the occasional vinaigrette for some extra herby-green dimension. Oh! And I just noticed the Herriott Grace rolling pins at Terrain, part of their Holiday Heirloom Collection.

- To my family, I would love a subscription to this and/or this.

- Gabi's lovely food site - I've shortlisted this sweet tahini dressing.

- Think of the fun to be had around this.

- Tempted by this fancy pants water filter.

- My walls are mostly white, but I love seeing fun/funky wallpapers.

- Vintage cookie cutters on Etsy. Or Cameras.

- As as we head into the holidays, I keep reminding myself of this inspiring concept/challenge.

And last of all, here's a short update about our Kiva / 101 Cookbooks lending team. We've somehow managed to make $111,000 in micro loans together. Nearly 4000 loans since we set things up in September 2008. Amazing. For those of you participating, have a peek at your balance, you may have funds sitting there that could be re-allocated. -h


View the original article here