Oven Baked Chicken with Vegetables

by Jenna
(Santa Rosa, CA)

Hello, I made you're baked chicken and vegetable recipe. I only used potatoes, carrots, onion and bell pepper (I'm a very picky eater, lol) I checked it after an hour. The chicken, onion and bell pepper were all done, but the carrots and potatoes weren't. I'm semi new @ cooking and I was wondering what I could do to make them cook with everything else. Besides them not being cooked all the way, everything else was really good! So my question to you is: do you have any tips on making the potatoes and carrots cook along with everything else? I would love to make this dish again!

Answer
Hi Jenna, I'm sorry you had a problem with this baked chicken recipe. I think your potatoes and carrot pieces must have been quite large, and that's why they weren't fully cooked at the same time as the chicken.
Next time, cut your potatoes and carrots into chunks around 1 inch deep and you should be fine. Alternatively, boil or steam your potato and carrot pieces for 5 mins before putting them in the oven. This will start the tenderisation and they should be cooked in time.

Elizabeth
Healthy Eating Made Easy

Click here to post comments.

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Contact.


footer for healthy eating page


View the original article here